Sunday, March 19, 2017

Imbedded Arrowhead

Easter time sometime between 2012 and 2015

Time to make: 3.5 hours
Finishing: .5 hour

When looking for a bone for this slide you never know where you are going to find it. After looking in the woods and hitting up hunter I know, I finally found the one I used in an Easter ham. I boiled the bones to remove all the meat. The bones were still discolored so I soaked the bones in hydrogen peroxide from a beauty supply store (the highest level I could buy over the counter). After a couple of rounds soaking with new solution each time, the remaining cartilage and stains were removed from the bones. Also with the final soak the bones separated and the bone I really wanted was free. I cut a slot for a broken arrowhead I had and I glued it in place. A leather loop was attached to the back of the bone using some small screws

No comments:

Post a Comment