Friday, January 15, 2010

Brass Pipe Tomahawk

Late in Sept. 2009
Time to Carve: 1 hours
Metal work: 1.5 hours
Finishing: 4 hours

Gun (knife) shy but healed up, I decided to try something with a little less carving. I got to say the Brass Pipe Tomahawk pattern really caught my eye. The wooded part was made from a scrap piece of wood (pine I think) from an earlier project and the brass was spare from the Derringer project. The pipe part was made from a brass screw with the head cut off. The leather came from an old glove and the red floss from my wife's sewing kit. The tricky part of this was the soldering of the seam along with the wire loop. I used a set of needle nose vice grips to keep the seam closed while did the soldering. Shellac on the wood. This is one of my favorite slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment